Friday 5 September 2014

Furiously in Love


I have been
Too long
Too furiously
In love.
I know all
Too intimately
About the
Intricate furies
Of throats
Rubbed raw
From screaming
Furious love.
I know
Too well
The shatters
Of crockery
Flung every which where,
With furious love.
I know all about
Picking up the shards
And thrusting them
In vulnerabilities
With furious love.
I have been party
To a furious love affair
For one and twenty years
With a compelling woman.
I called her mother
And said
'I hate you, I hate you,
I hate you.
But I love you more.
I miss who you were
And I'll miss you are
But always,
Constantly
I have furiously loved you.'
So the fire of love
Isn't a novelty
To me anymore.
The complexity
Of twinned emotions
Is my inheritance
From this love affair.
So when I fall
In 'love'.
The falling
On your knees
Kind of love,
I hope
It happens
Gently, softly, quietly.
I hope
I fall in love,
Absentmindedly.
Like we were
Looking the other way
And love crept up
On us,
Like winter.
I hope for love
Like a quiet meditation.
A barely there
Almost invisible,
At the periphery,
Quiet love.
Because I have been
Too long
Too furiously
 Been in love
And you can
Only love like that
Once.
Thank God.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment