Monday 9 September 2013

Autumn Dresses



Autumn will come again
And I will see it
Amble by
Unlike the Summer Sprint
That broke my heart
The tiniest bit.
I will look forward
To wind and clouds and manic laughs
Thick woolly scarves
Hot Chocolate with marshmallows
With a side of Essays
At the Library café.
I’ll pick a bench
At the Meadows
And freeze
Yet determinedly
Sniff the grass and trees.
I’ll discover
That dresses look good
On me.
I’ll discover
Looking in the mirror
And thinking,
Pretty’.
I’ll discover
The world is bigger
And smaller
Than I perceived.
I’ll learn to live
With wanting someone
I’ll never allow myself to have.
I’ll learn to love
Myself more than
I already do,
Narcissistic Personality Disorder
Be damned.
I’ll learn to be me
More completely
Less apologetically.
All this and more
I’ll take from autumn
As recompense
For what Summer
Took from me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment