Saturday 6 April 2013

That Dress Looks Nice on You(Part 1) ( I stole the title from a Song) NaPoWriMo Poem 6

This group of poems- both Part 1 & 2 are written for some of the most special people in the world, who made University life what it actually is. This blog was started for them and its about time I introduced them to this blog and the world. They are my Sunshine and Skies and Happiness and World in Edinburgh. So, in no particular order, here goes.


"Queen of Hearts"

You have always been
A vision.
And you suit
Silver shimmer
And brocade.
The quickness of your temper.
And the flashing of your eyes
Are all combined
In the pout
Of your smiles
Of your guiles
And your
Oh so organized Files.


"Cornfields and Blue Skies"

'Your hair are
 Like a cornfield',
 When you wear
 The sky so blue
 About your
 Popping shoulders
 You are
 So very much you
 Now when
 I think of Sunshine
 And cloudless skies
 And summer days
 I think of you.


"Cream and Peaches"

You must think
Me; Full of odd notions
When I declare
You a fairytale.
But I once read of
A princess
With kind eyes
And a heart that
Overflowed love
Like a frothy cream jug.
Like you, she too would flush
When complimented too much-
- Twirling her fairytale skirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment