Sunday 7 April 2013

That Dress Looks Nice on You (Part 2) - NaPoWriMo Poem 7

The final three parts of this two part poem. Continuing on the them of dresses and such.


"Tomatoes and Dappled Streams"

You blush so well
I could lay a trail
Up your neck
Across your face
Of you turning
The same shade
As that hoodie
You say is a jumper.
Your dappled stream eyes
Flutter far too close
And fill me and the world
With laughter and 'youness'
A special brand of jubilance.


"Bumblebees and Butterflies"

You are like the bumblebees
The songwriters of 1960s Bollywood
Compared their heroines too.
Cheerful and bright
And essential
To any romantic song.
You are the butterfly
I chased in childhood
Seeing you cloaked in a yellow sari
I am wonder-struck at how you personify home.
The second line I ever said to you
'You know how it feels like!'
Still does and will always hold true.


"Cuddly, Fuzzy and Grey"

You don't let me in
To your warm
And cozy room.
You say I'll steal
Your blankets and clothes.
But you always
Have the fuzziest, warmest
Hug to cuddle into.
Especially that grey jumper
That will be mine one day.
I used to think it was the clothes
But it is the deep warmth of you
That beats the Edinburgh chill, any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment