Thursday 4 April 2013

Sunshine in My Heart ( If Not in the Sky) - NaPoWriMo Poem 4

Going to do a massive dump of poems collecting over the last few days now. Here's to Poem No. 4. This one was written about two days before starting my Ireland trip when I wasn't sure I was going to be able to go to Ireland at all- Visa issues. I had been moody and depressed for days and then suddenly I felt a bit sunshiny inside and said as much to a friend. Lo behold, an hour later I held my passport with my Irish visa inside. I do believe in magic, don't you?


I stole the sun.


So the Scottish
Clouds gathered
And murmured
About how I stole it.


So I kept
A little bit
Of Sunshine bursting
In my heart.
And returned the rest
To let the Spring
Finally, Completely, Thankfully
Start.

No comments:

Post a Comment