Sunday 14 April 2013

Home- NaPoWriMo Poem 14

Written after I realized the definition of home being a singular place didn't hold true for me at all. The cities briefly mentioned are Delhi, Chandigarh, Cape Town and Edinburgh.


This concept of belonging
Has never been
Too clear
In my head.
There is a niche
To be carved
In every corner
Of the Globe
With no corners.
The now is too busy
To think of the has beens
Or the maybe comings.
So what is home,
Then.
The city that bewitched
Me; Heart and Soul?
The city where blood
Ties me in a cocoon?
 The city that taught me
The sea and a new continent?
The city that reveals new
Secrets in a cobbled tongue?
Across continents
And seas that I cannot name
I have made homes
Over and over
And over again
I leave home
For another.
I miss cities
Not people.
Because home
Is where the heart is.
And my heart
Wants the world.
This concept of belonging
Doesn't make sense
To me.

No comments:

Post a Comment