Friday 12 April 2013

Diamond Hill - NaPoWriMo Poem 12

Written after probably the craziest climb of my life. Yet. Knowing Emma and Lachie, I shall be dragged up various more soon enough. This was Diamond Hill in Connemara National Park, by the way.


I'd be the first to go
In a zombie apocalypse
I am convinced of it
After my pitiful attempt
To scale Diamond Hill
Over by Connemara way
If you are interested.
512 m of HELL-
-All 7 circles of it.
And the rage
At seeing your two
Companions skip
Like bloody mountain goats.
While I,
Panting, breathless
Legs give out,
I think the world
Grows dark
Or the sun hid
Behind a convenient cloud
My companions wait
For me to scale
And I promise
All the gods
That ever were
No more McFlurries!
I hear Olympian laughter
In return.
Just a little more
Of this unending agony
Till I gain
The summit.
I would say
The view
Was worth it
But I am too busy dying
To notice
Just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment