Sunday 28 April 2013

12- NaPoWriMo Poem 28



When we were 12
You & I
I never thought
I'd see you
Find 'True Love'
And then lose it
Saying it wasn't true enough
We have been through
So much
I forget sometimes
How much we can face
How much there is to face
How people change
Twist
Mutate
Into something ugly
That pierces your
Heart
Like a well worn knife
In the hands
Of a well loved friend.
People change,
My friend.
Even people
We swore
To love
Forever
But someone
Far wiser
Than us said
"Nothing lasts forever"
But I thought
Your perfect relationship would
But I thought
Our happiness would
Crystallized in that moment
More fool me
More fool you
And the pain of it
Is bitter and sharp
And deep
In all the wrong ways
People matter so little
People come
People go
But these
Indelible imprints
They leave
Are hurting me
Did they hurt you?
We both are cold enough
To soothe the ache
Of People Scars
But say,
Friend.
When we were 12
Did you think
The world changed
Quite this much? 

No comments:

Post a Comment